Saturday, April 14, 2012

Liberty's Attachment

Many of you have commented on Elka's snazzy new collar, and thanks very  much. I'll try to do a post just about the collar, but you'd be surprised how hard it is to take pictures that show it off!  The collar is from Ellaslead.com, a site that people on Doberman Talk have collars from all the time, it seems. Gorgeous work, and very reasonably priced. It never fails to shock me how much one can be charged for a dog collar!

Another Ella's Lead purchase, though, was Liberty's Attachment. It's a simple enough thing, but I never thought of it until I saw it on the site.


 You see, there's always a possibility of a collar failing (though I fail to see how this one will!) or a harness failing, and you don't want to be left holding a leash but no dog. So, you attach the attachment (I know, right?) to the collar, and to the leash. You attach the leash to the harness. And then you're good to go, mind at ease. They also have Oscar's Attachment, which is utility rope instead of leather.

Of course, before EzyDog sent me one, I didn't have a harness for Elka either. But now I do, and we're very happy with it!


Don't worry, I adjusted the harness after I took the picture, so that it would be straight again. Elka doesn't seem to notice at all, whether the harness is straight or crooked. It doesn't seem to rub her at all either, which is nice.

6 comments:

  1. Hiya! It's Michelle from My Tail Hurts From Wagging So Much. I just read your comment -- I didn't know that about that comic, and I should, because I used to work at the Asbury Park Press for the Ocean County Observer and then the Home News Tribune. What a small world -- I love "meeting" a fellow Jersey native. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh neat, I didn't realize you were another new Jersey native! I'm living in central New York now (went to college and stayed), but I do miss the shore a lot sometimes.

      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely new harness! I've been meaning to get Kyuss a harness for weight pulling. Not to pull weights mind you, but the wagon with the kids in it! LOL
    Love the attachement idea too. I have one but I never really use it. I should really considering we now live on a busy 4 lane road =[

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carting with Doberman! That would be a lot of fun! I think Elka wouldn't take to it too much, she'd be too concerned for her butt the entire time.

      I honestly never thought about the attachment or doubling up on things and then got paranoid once I did hear about it. There are worse things, I'd guess!

      Delete
  3. We just bought a harness for Duke this weekend. He tends to pull and strangle himself when he's trying to get away from something new and scary. I have to pick up a mini carabiner to attach his collar to his harness;the ones at Home Depot are $.99 and are rated up to 150 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I keep meaning to go to places like Loewe's or Home Depot and look at the carabiners and stuff. I'm glad you reminded me!

      Delete