Monday, March 31, 2014

Jessie, with Illinois Doberman Rescue

It's hard to pick what Dobermans I include in my Tuesday Tails posts (even when I put them up on Mondays). Jessie's sweet face and airplane ears captivated me this time around. I just want to put my arms around him and feed him and tell him he's a sweet boy.

(picture from IDR+ site)

Jessie is a two year old  cropped (and flopped) and docked male who came to IDR+ through the Doberman Assistance Network. He's been receiving heartworm treatment, so he's been on a "resting period', though DAN says he's fantastic with other dogs. He's also afraid of cats, the poor guy, or at least was afraid of the cat they tested him with. They haven't tested him with kids, but he's been gentle, so IDR is saying 10 and up.

(picture from IDR+ site)

He's a little skinny, and apparently can jump a 4 foot fence with ease, so they're recommending a 6 foot fence or a "leashed potty and exercise plan" (which is nice to see; a lot of people I see complaining about rescues having turned them down do not have fenced yards, and fencing a yard is not always feasible). He's reportedly good on a leash. And he has such a sweet, sweet face!


If you're interested in learning more about Jessie, or sponsoring him, you can visit his page on the Illinois Doberman Rescue plus website. For adoption eligibility information, you can go here, and you can view the adoption process information here.



10 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely dog. His ears are a hoot. My new Bloodhound learned to jump my 4 FT. fence - with ease. Sigh. Hope he finds a GREAT home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just looks like such a sweetie!

      I'm fairly confident Elka could jump our fence, should she take it into her head. She hasn't, thank goodness (knock wood). Good luck with your new bloodhound!

      Delete
  2. Jessie is lovely I hope he finds a loving home soon, will share.

    Sheba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope someone comes to love Jessie. He is a handsome boy! I'm sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. He really is. Thanks for sharing (and hosting this blog hop, as always!)

      Delete
  5. Well, I love Jessie's flopped ears and sweet face. Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I think he and his ears are just darling.

      Delete