Friday, May 2, 2014

Edith, all natural Doberman in Northern California

This is Edith. She's a four year old, black and rust, all natural girl with Northern California Doberman Rescue.



She was picked up as a stray with Archie (though I don't see a listing for him; perhaps he was already adopted?), in the Bay Area.

She's a little girl, about 50 pounds, and very cookie motivated. The rescue doesn't think she's had any obedience training, though she does walk well on a leash. It seems to me that a food motivated girl can learn lots of things very quickly! Edith's Petfinder listing is here, if you want more information on her.


Northern California Doberman Rescue has been a member of the Doberman Pinscher Club of America since 1992, according to their web site, and also seem to be linked up with Special Needs Dobermans. I cannot, however, tell if they're an official 501 (c) (3) organization, however; it doesn't say that on their website (that I've found) or on their Facebook page. For general contact, you can fill out the form here, and the adoption form is also on their website.

3 comments:

  1. I hope Edith will find a home, she is beautiful. Who wouldn't love a girl what's cookie motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dog. I'm so used to seeing Dobies with cropped ears, so she looks so "houndish" to me, like my floppy-eared mutt. Wishing her the best. I just love Dobermans.

    ReplyDelete