Thursday, August 16, 2012

Conklin NY Dobermans for adoption: slightly more info!

On August 5, five Dobermans were left from the dogs who were rescued in Conklin, NY.

Go to bchumanesoc.com for information on the dogs, and for information on the adoption procedures, shelter hours, what the shelter's wish list is, etc.

Well, now there are 4 left! Or I thought there were....Dusty is back on the site again. I wonder if the removal of his picture (or its reappearance) was a glitch? I hope he wasn't adopted to a family unprepared for his Doberness, and returned already. That would be very sad. Dusty appears to be a fawn, perhaps with color dilution alopecia. Since I'm already speculating a whole lot, I might as well mention that a good and balanced diet might go a long way for Dusty, considering the situation from which the dogs were removed. He's listed as 4 years old.



Houston (my personal favorite; shh, don't tell the others!)


Storm (albino, with a sometimes crazy ear, apparently!)


Nani (red girl)


And last but not least, Sasha, who has at least one application in from a family who wants to take her home!

Edited to add:  If you read in the commends, KimyandKaylaa has said that their application for Sasha has been approved, and she will be coming home on Saturday! Woo! Congratulations to them, and to Sasha!


The last time I posted about these wonderful dogs, Kimy and Kaylaa responded that they were so happy to have found my post! They are the ones who (with their MinPin) have an application in for Sasha, and they met all of the Dobermans when they went to visit! They said that Sasha of course stole their heart, and that Nani and Houston were both dolls. They said that Storm was rather reserved, and that he barked a lot to make sure everybody knows what a Big Boy he is. I'm sure this whole thing has been very scary for him, and I hope that a Dober-savvy person comes along to adopt him and give him a nice stable home life where he can gain the confidence that he deserves to have.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful dogs and we hope they find loving homes.

    Storm looks like he has an antenna ear. Sort of makes the case for ear cropping maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankly, I'm surprised they're still in the shelter.

      Storm does kind of have a crazy ear! Natura ears sometimes get taped, too, so they lay nicely, as opposed to standing. If the ears aren't cropped, and also not trained, you sometimes get the flyaways!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I had to go to the Humane Society site to double check! She does have ears, they're just flat on her head. I guess she didn't like the camera much!

      Delete
  3. We'll keep our paws crossed for Dusty
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his disappearance and reappearance was (to me) very strange. Hopefully he gets the home he deserves!

      Delete
  4. I think Storm may be my favorite. Hope they all get homes soon! Yay on posting here and having someone read that post and fill out an application for one of them because of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storm does look (and sound) like he could be a good boy!

      I was so very happy that somebody came here and found a dog for their family as a result! It's so cool!

      Delete
  5. Poor Dusty. Doggy skin problems are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they aren't :( I hope his are just nutrition based.

      Delete
  6. I just wanted to share out good news! Our application was approved today!!!!! And we will be bringing Sasha home this Saturday!!! We couldn't be happier that she is now a part of our family!! We can't wait to love her!! I'll be posting pictures on my Facebook and twitter just as soon as we bring her home and get her settled in. And I will be most certainly be coming back to your blog on a regular basis, I think what your doing is just outstanding, and a very valuable resource!!! See everyone soon

    <3 love
    Tink and Sasha's mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I'm so glad!

      Congratulations to you on your new family member, and thank you for rescuing! Will you keep Sasha as her name, or do you have another in mind? Oh, I'm so excited for you!

      Delete
  7. How cool that one of them has an adoption application waiting for them already! I can see why. She's beautiful! Congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definite congrats to them! I'm really surprised that any of them are left there, frankly.

      Delete