Thursday, September 25, 2014

Dogs-N-Ties Fundraiser for SFSPCA

I know some of you must be fashion forward. Or male, and require a tie. Or just like scarves; I can never get the hang of them myself. There's a point to this, obviously.

Bows-N-Ties is a company which makes scarves and (I know you guessed already) ties. Every year, they do a fundraiser for a charitable organization, and this year they're benefiting the San Francisco SPCA with a Dogs-N-Ties fundraiser. Their goal is to raise $38,400, which will aid 1200 dogs and cats in finding homes. That's a lot of money, and a lot of homes!



The designs are cute. They've got beagles, bulldogs, french bulldogs, poodles, chihuahua, and wiener dogs in silk scarf or silk ties. No Doberman, but that's the way it goes. It's like having an unusual name and looking for that personalized license plate. My understanding is California has quite the surfeit of Chihuahuas in their shelters, so it's a good idea to have selected that breed for a pattern.


So, if your work wardrobe is in the need of some sprucing up (barking up? I can't think of a good corollary here), check out the Dogs-N-Ties  web site. It might also be cute, if you're planning a wedding, to have the groomsmen all have matching dog themed ties, wouldn't it? I think so.

3 comments:

  1. No Labradors either. :-( Hubby's birthday is coming up and I know he'd wear a Lab tie. LOL It's a great fund raising idea though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great idea! I feel like it's probably high quality items, and the designs are well executed.

      Delete