Monday, February 18, 2013

Elka...did you...?

We talk to the dog a lot. I credit a lot of her comprehension to the fact that we have conversations with her.



Sometimes, these conversations are utterly hilarious. Like the other day, when my fiance was going upstairs after having eaten breakfast. Partway through his ascent he stopped and turned. "Elka, did you drool in my pocket?" he asked in a scandalized tone.

Elka did not look up at him, but went and got a toy that she shoved in my hand, so that we would play tug, as if to say "No! I'm playing!"




Now, I don't know how she drooled in his pocket. Or even why, really; Elka is not really a drooly dog. I didn't verify the drool volume, so I'm not sure how much of an exaggeration the phrase "pocket full of spit" really is. But really, it was funny because it wasn't me.

Another one: "Elka, did you put footprints on the new couch?"


Yup! (it's just dusty, it brushed away after I took this picture for posterity).


"No, it was...uh...I'm tired."

Of course, we're not actually into "dog shaming" in this house, and really, some drool and some footprints? We do have a dog, after all. It's hard to remember sometimes, but Elka is a dog.









12 comments:

  1. Ummmm, I think it was a cat that drooled....ya know, cats drool dogs rule. Just sayin'. BOL!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, she obviously knows what your telling her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's necessary to check pockets for forgotten treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a bright pup. I think Clowie has it right on this one. Treats belong in pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I check peeps pockets ALL the time! You just NEVER know what your gonna find! Papers, reciepts, keys, doggie treats....what's a little drool anyhu?! BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daisy and I love having conversations and I'm sure she understands what I'm saying. It's super funny when she does something wrong and then all of the sudden acts like she doesn't know what I'm talking about LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elka was just being too polite to point out that some person had probably done the pocket-drooling instead ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Pops trying to get you in trouble?
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL we gets lots of drool and lots of footprints around here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I have conversations with my dogs too. Think we're all crazy? :)

    BTW - I think Elka is a perfect weight too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe mommy talks with me too!
    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Mum talks to me all the time too, the phrase I like the best is "You want your dinner?" Pretty dumb question really!! :)

    I hope you're having a fun day,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete