Friday, February 22, 2013

Sick and Sleeping

So, this week, I was largely felled by an unpleasant flu/cold thing. Not many activities were to be had.

Instead, there was a lot of this:


And some of this:


And even a little bit of this:


I will say, it's nice to know that you have a dog who ignores bags of used tissues that are within easy reach, because that would be totally gross and I don't even want to confront such an issue. It's also nice to have a nice, warm dog who will happily nap with you. If my nose wasn't plugged, I'm sure the Doberman-aromatherapy of brownies would have been very relaxing. Nice thing number 3? We thought to teach Elka hand signals, so when my voice went, we could still communicate just fine.







15 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! We totally understand ... Mom is trying to teach me to get the tissue box. Hope you are feeling well. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting to feel better today, yes! I hope to be tip-top by the time I have to go back to work on Saturday.

      Delete
  2. Doberman aromathery of brownies? My god. Please explain! I hope it's not what I'm thinking ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elka smells like brownies when she sleeps! It was far more apparent when she was a puppy; now she's kind of got an almondy-marzipan thing going. But her ears still smell like cocoa.

      (thanks! <3)

      Delete
  3. So sorry that you're feeling under the weather. Glad you have Elka though! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've been sick! It's absolutely no fun, but canine sympathy does go a long way to helping you feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cover your nose Elka so you don't get the human germs. BOL. Hope you feel better
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well wishes from us and good Elka not to tear up tissue, a dog's best toy,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that sucks! I'm sorry you were feeling so bad and hope you are on the mend.

    I see Elka doesn't mind the red sofa anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elka smells like brownies??? I hope in your feverish state you did not try to nibble on her! ;)

    Hope you are better soon - being sick is not fun! But you are lucky that she doesn't try to nosh on used tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I hopes you gets to feeling better soon!!! I, myself, would NEVER be able to resist the bag of dirty tissues....oh, that really sounds like funs....Can I come for a visit?
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh everyone is getting sick this winter. There has been a bug being passes around my office since Christmas. Hope you fell better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dogs are the absolute best when we're feeling sick or blue. I swear, My Smooshy is better than any cold remedy. ;) Love your adorable baby!

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete