Friday, April 25, 2014

Red Bliss, with Hand Me Down Dobes, inc.

Red Bliss is a seven year old cropped and docked girl.

(picture from Hand me Down Dobermans)

She's got good household manners, good leash manners, and loves cuddling (I'm sure some Dobermans don't like cuddling, but they seem to be the exception, not the norm! She has good leash manners, and enjoys playing with her foster brothers.

A 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, Hand Me Down Dobes is an Ohio based Doberman rescue which relies on a network of foster homes to care for the dogs. This keeps the dogs out of long exposure to kennel situations, which can be better for them psychologically and also makes sure the rescue has a better handle on the dog's actual behavior and personality.

If you are interested in adopting Red Bliss or any of their available Dobermans, here is the page which lays out their adoption process.If you are not in the market for a Doberman but still want to help a Doberman rescue in Ohio, they have some information here about how to support Hand Me Down Dobes, inc. and how to donate.

4 comments:

  1. I wish we had room for one more - hope this girl finds her home soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks so sweet! I hope she does too, especially for a home that wants a well-mannered dog as opposed to a puppy maniac.

      Delete
  2. I wanna take every buddy home
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's one reason I like posting dogs in rescue, I feel like maybe I'm helping them find a home, since I'm not offering one myself.

      Delete