Saturday, February 20, 2016

What Elka (and I!) have been up to

We're still here. I know it's been awhile.

Let's see, where did we leave off?

We took the standard New Jersey trip at Christmas. My grandparents' neighborhood does luminaries on Christmas Eve, and so Elka and I helped with that.


My local writer-friend Libby Cudmore had her book The Big Rewind come out.  It was pretty good, and I do intend to review it on my writing blog. She did a fun hashtag thing on Twitter, where she wanted #RecordSelfies. Well, I don't take selfies, so I asked her if doing an Elka one was all right. It was. 

(this picture made possible by the Cheetos I had in my mouth, because Elka for some reason decided the vinyl was the devil. Well, there were a lot of people who thought rock was the devil, Elka. It isn't.)


I'll have some of my own writing news pretty soon. Not novel sized writing news, but something I'm still pleased about. 

But, I guess I should make some excuse for our absence? I'm not really going to go into it, but I got pretty sick in October, and  am still dealing with things like medications and monitoring. The good news is, I have some pro tips about How to Dress for Your CT Scan, courtesy of my writing blog. The bad news is my energy frequently hovers around the floor, so while I'm still writing and going to work and stuff, I'm not blogging as much as I'd like to. 

We will have a toy review when I get there (toy courtesy of Chewy.com), and our weather has been alllll over the place (last Saturday? 11 degrees. This Saturday? 54 degrees.)







7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, so sorry about the health issues. No apology necessary. Feel better and know we're thinking of you and sending pawsitive healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes! Glad somebody's still reading ^^

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better. Look forward to hearing your writing news soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, I look forward to sharing it!

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling better! No apologies needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol Elka is a real superstar who likes the camera. You can let Elka join some dog shows. I'm sure it'll like the idea.

    ReplyDelete