Friday, April 13, 2012

At Ease, Sgt. Rex

Well, I'm about a week behind with the news, but I figured the information was still valuable to those of you following at home.

Sgt. Rex is home with Megan Leavey now! Last Friday, Good Good Friday (as the Philosopher Mouse called it!), Corporal Leavey went and picked him up.



“I’m so happy,” Leavey said on Wednesday, Rex’s first full day living in Rockland County. “I was nervous at first that maybe he wouldn’t recognize me, but it was like no time has passed.”

Awesome. And by all accounts, Sgt. Rex is settling in just fine. So, do you think that they call him Rex, or Sarge, or what?

Stories like this are why I support the Canine Members of the Armed Forces Act. I hope you do too, and write to your representatives.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope they had a great party when they got home!

      Delete
  2. Yay - that's cool!!

    Hope you're having a fun weekend

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so very awesome!

      Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete