Saturday, April 7, 2012

One Year Blogoversary!

Funny to think that it's been a year already!

And yet, here we are. I thought it would be fun to kind of do a "year in review" roundup (though different from the New Year's  post!)




My very first post was Why a Doberman, and I did revisit that in January, with Why a Doberman? Redux, which you can think of as the "special edition".

For Kibble, Elka still eats (and loves) Taste of the Wild. So far as I can tell, it's a company that I enjoy supporting, and she seems to do really well on it. It's even good enough to stuff her Kong or Monster Mouth with! Of course, the judicious application of peanut butter helps with that as well, but really, it only prolongs the experience.



Though not Doberman specific, I do try to visit Free Kibble daily. They give a lot of shelter dogs (and cats!) meals just based on our clicks, so if you haven't, spread the word on them.

Another place that is Doberman specific, and very important, is the Doberman Assistance Network, and April 27 is the deadline for their Flower Power Fundraiser. They have a goal of $1000 and are currently at $261. Any help you can give there would be really appreciated. They help a lot of dogs, getting them out of bad situations, taking care of them medically, and getting them to homes.  Special Needs Dobermans also performs important duties like getting senior and special needs dogs into homes or permanent foster, while trying to keep them healthy.



So really, things are going well. I've had a lot of visitors in one year: 31, 642 pageviews,  with 10,439 unique visits, according to my Google stats. I'm pretty happy with those numbers! I've had a few product and books reviews I was approached to do, and of course there are the ones I've done of my own inspiration. I'm still working out what keeps people coming back, obviously!

I also wanted to mention, I have started The Elka Almanac store on Zazzle.com. I've only got a couple of things there so far, but I hope to take lots of pictures in the days and months to come, and have lots of t-shirts (and other) inspirations. So, I'll update about that if I feel particularly pleased with myself, and hope you take a look.

And oh yeah, I've got this Doberman still. She's going to be turning three next month, and really, having her around is pretty great. She's smart, and pretty, and annoys me, and makes me laugh every day. The things that I have learned, training and teaching Elka, have been a valuable experience.

So, thank you everybody for reading. I'm glad that you're here, and as always, I love to hear from you!



22 comments:

  1. Phil, the Philosopher Mouse of the HedgeApril 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM

    Congrats and well deserved! Love your blog. The German sends big nose bumps and tail wags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Happy you're reading ^^

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your year. We have enjoyed reading about your beautiful dog. It's a breed that we have little experience with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really enjoying spreading the good Doberman word.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! You know I enjoy your blog and Elka; that last photo is spectacular! Have a great weekend and keep up the very good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last picture is another example of "fun with Photobucket"!

      Delete
  4. Happy blogoversary!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all,

    Just hopped by to catch up on your happenings and wish you a happy blogoversary! Have a great week and a happy Easter!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you had a nice Easter!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on one year of blogging! It's a big accomplishment. I hope you and Elka are sharing things with us for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I hope so too (and right back at you)!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your Blogoversary! And Happy Easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your blogoversary! (I always forget my own, as with birth days :) ) Some great stats you have there, it shows how popular your blog, or Elka, probably both, already are in just one year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!

      I'm pretty happy with my stats (not quitting that day job yet, though!), and really, Elka carries this blog. The camera loves her, and the public needs her!

      (well, maybe not NEEDS her, but Dobermans sure are interesting)

      Delete
  9. I'm a bit late, but happy blogoversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never! I don't mind! Thanks very much ^^

      Delete