Thursday, December 13, 2012

December in the park

On our most recent walk, Elka and I pretty much had the park to ourselves.



We kind of nodded and smiled "hello" at a couple of passers by, and saw one guy who looked like he was doing a snail's pace circuit of the park while doing some kind of martial arts kata (we gave him a wide berth). I can't say that I minded, really.




I had my thoughts, Elka had her sniffs, we did a couple of recalls, a couple of "paws up" exercises, and all was good. No accusations of Elka being a mixed breed. No horrified looks at the BigScaryMeanDog I was walking. Just some peace.


It was just slightly too cold, so I didn't allow Elka to have any puddle action. She didn't really press the issue! I was a little surprised that there were no kids on the playground, at the very least, but considering we saw the actual sun for about fifteen minutes, I guess it's not much of a mystery.







7 comments:

  1. It's surprising how many people don't seem to take their dogs out in the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There area lot of fair-weathered dog walkers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that martial arts guy has a follower in my neighborhood. Tres weird. He is oblivious to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes its nice to have the park to yourself

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had some nice time at the park having it all to yourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think it's way better to have the place wherever we are hiking, all to ourselves! We're hiking, not socializing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This time of year, the parks around here are pretty empty too.

    ReplyDelete