Thanks so much to Sue Kottowicz, over at Talking-Dogs! Blog awards are a lot of fun, and kind of a break from my normal blogging mindset. Blog outside the box, friends!
- Thank the blogger bestowing the award and provide a link back to their blog.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Share the award with seven other bloggers.
Seven things about myself:
1. We're into October, with November looming (the checkout periods at the library are 3 weeks for books. The next month is always looming). November for me means National Novel Writing Month! I'm currently working towards the end of writing a werewolf novel, and I think for NaNoWriMo this year, I'll be writing the sequel, while that world and action is fresh in my mind.
2. I have an improbably fondness for the Psy song and video "Gangnam Style". "Pop" is not normally my music of choice, regardless of what stripe pop it is (K pop in this case [Korean pop] or J pop or whatever...) Most of the music I like is from twenty to thirty years ago or more, in fact, with Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springsteen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Pink Floyd featuring heavily.
3. I try not to be superstitious, but I am, at least a little, if only with regards to doing things for luck. I touch the ceiling of the car if I go through a yellow light. I always put my right shoe on first, never the left. I have two different sets of one type of dice; one of the sets "rolls well", the other does not.
4. I don't like spoilers of any type. If I'm going to watch a movie, frequently I won't even watch a trailer. Regardless of the media, books, TV shows, or movies, I don't want to know anything that's going to be happening, because if I know a key point or occurrence or whatever, I spend my entire time anticipating that thing to happen.
5. I miss Elka when I'm at work. There are times throughout the day I put my hand down, expecting her to be there, and she isn't. I eat dinner at work, and it's so odd to have a meal without a certain pointy head nearby.
6. I will typically read a book if there is a dog in it, even if the dog isn't the main character or focus. Granted, I still have to be interested in what the book talks about, be it fiction or non fiction, but typically the addition of a dog makes things better.
7. I have a very strong sense of protecting my personal space, with notable exceptions: Family, my fiance, some friends, and Elka. Otherwise, I'm not really a very huggy person, and if I'm in conversation with somebody I don't know well, is a stranger, or I just met, I want that arm's length between us.
d'oh, I forgot the 7 bloggers I was passing it on to!
5. Basset Momma