Thursday, October 11, 2012

Search Terms I've Seen Lately

I kind of have a cold which is making me somewhat miserable an unfocused. The good news is I've watched all of Supernatural on Netflix (well, up to season 7's end. Season 8 just started on television last week). My public, though! So, I've fallen back on an ever interesting topic: some search terms that brought people to my blog recently.

Resident Evil Dog breed: this doesn't get you to The Elka Almanac 'til page 5. In my eyes, it's a dedicated searcher that goes to page 5 of a Google search. An image search of "Devil dogs" also goes to that particular post.



Sleeping Doberman:





Pile of Ducks:

This search brings you to the very first tennis ball post! I got the tennis ball from Tractor Supply, and brought Elka with me on that field trip. I did enjoy the tennis ball thing (and so did Elka!) but I ran through my tennis ball resources.


Mean Doberman and How to make my Doberman mean are phrases I see an awful lot. Obviously,  the linked posts aren't exactly what those kinds of people are looking for. But I take a passive aggressive hope in the notion that maybe somebody got educated.


Doberman paw reveals many Dobermans whose nails are much better trimmed than Elka's, but also

 "Will my Doberman protect me?" is the one I'll leave you with. As ever, my answer is "I hope I never have to find out".

12 comments:

  1. Some of the search terms are pretty bizarre to see how they end up at my blog. Glad to see I'm not the only one pulling in an audience in weird ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! :) I've given up trying to understand how searches end up at my blog. "How to make my Doberman mean" is kind of sad. Hope you feel better soon X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you watch your google thingies. I've never tried figuring that one out. Pile of ducks is just so cute. And it is true, dobermans where used in Resident Evil. They were so cool because they got to jump across candy glass.

    I hate the mean thing and the devil dog thing. Perhaps you can make more post related to it here Elka's adorable side(which I am sure is often) is being shown as a contrast to what they often think of.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the mean thing probably comes from Doberman's usually having their tails docked, ears cropped. Hard to tell what they are thinking and if they are friendly or not when they always look so alert and ready to jump into action at any moment! Blueberry and I ran into two Dobermans at the park the other night and Blueberry was wagging her tail and wanted to say hi - but unfortunately, they were not too keen on that and I saw the one lady struggling with her Doberman as it was not acting very nicely. Blueberry's tail quickly drooped and she dropped her head and I just led her away.

    Thankfully, I'm not one of those people that have a bad experience with a breed and then fear it forever. My co-worker has a Doberman that I would have no problem letting B frolic with as he is very well socialized and as "tough" as he looks, he's a big old softy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea what brings people to my blog, and I'm a little afraid to find out! What a cool post, though!

    I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what terms people search to end up at my blogs?

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those are cool. How do you know what the search terms were??

    ~Mason

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. You just never know what people are searching for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of my search terms are people looking for pictures of dog skin issues. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing what brings people to my blog! The main thing I found is that almost no one knows how to spell Dachshund. The words "baby otter" have been cropping up a lot this month
    Nola's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting post! Now we are curious... =)
    Love the first picturez of Elka, soo cute!

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't even realize I could find out what search terms peoples used to get to my blog. How awful that peoples till think Dobermans are mean. Unless of course they are Zombie-dogs - then it doesn't matter what breed they are - know, because I live with two Zombie dogs and they are MEAN.

    ReplyDelete