Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Can you believe it? Beau and Mordecai both still need homes.

I've gone back and looked at some of my Tuesday Tails postings (and rescue postings) and realized that Beau and Mordecai are still looking for homes!

Beau is a handsome Doberman (he's named appropriately) who I first mentioned when I posted about Doberman Rescue Minnesota.

(image from DRM web site)



Beau is estimated to be 6 years old; he was brought in as a stray from South Dakota, and almost euthanized when there was no room in the shelter. He is neutered, up to date on his shots, heartworm negative, and loves to play football! I think above all, he loves being with his people, and would to have a doberman-savvy home to call his own (....with a fenced yard). If you're interested in adopting Beau, you can find the DRM adoption application here.




When I posted about Mordecai back in June, I didn't expect him to be at DRM for very long! Special needs puppy or not, a puppy is a puppy. At six months old now, he is still very, very adorable. He also has a bit of what we call a "zipper" on his nose; that little reverse cowlick there.

(photo from DRM web site)

He does have megaesophogus, as I said in the first post, but according to his blurb on the Doberman Rescue Minnesota site, the vets think he has a chance of outgrowing it. He also has a leg that was dislocated when he was itty-bitty, so DRM is raising money for surgery once his bones are grown. So, even if you aren't interested in adopting Mordecai, you can still make a Paypal donation to Doberman Rescue Minnesota to "Mordy's Surgery" on the web site.



These guys are handsome heartbreakers, and I know that they'll make the right family very happy one day!




23 comments:

  1. So sorry these beautiful dogs are still homeless... sharing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope, hope hope they will find a wonderful home. They both are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Lots of people looking for Dobermans, but they don't always look at rescue.

      Delete
  3. We have all our feets crossed they will find forever homes
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beau sure is handsome! I hope they both find their forever homes, sharing on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both handsome, someone must take them soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am genuinely amazed that nobody has yet! I know they're in good hands in rescue, but I hope they have a home soon to.

      Delete
  6. Poor guys. hope they each find that special someone soon. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT???? How is that possible? They are sooo cute! Paws crossed that they will find their furever homes soon..very soon!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know either! I love their faces, though.

      Delete
  8. I just know that the perfect homes are waiting for both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe they haven't found a home yet :( Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such handsome pups, we'll share them too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a volunteer with DRM...Beau has been with us too long! He's been harder to place because he doesn't have the typically Dobe look, I think.

    I'm stunned that Mordy is still in rescue. He's a gem of a pup. I've met him in person and he just charms the pants off you. Sweet, smart...everything you could want in a pup. His megaesophagus isn't a big deal, and he knows how to put himself in his Bailey chair to eat.

    I know the right home is out there for these guys...please share, everyone, so we can find their forever homes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's adorable that Mordy can put himself in his chair; and I'm not surprised, he is a Doberman after all! It might be Beau's atypical look that keeps him in rescue, but I think that just proves his right family hasn't come along yet. They won't care!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete