Thursday, August 15, 2013

Proctor and Gamble Dry Pet Food Recall

Proctor and Gamble has voluntarily recalled a number of their dry pet food brands for possible salmonella contaminations. No salmonella related illnesses have been reported in conjunction with these foods.

Included in the recall are a number of Eukanuba dry dog foods, Iams dry dog foods, and Iams dry cat foods. You can follow this link to see the sizes, lot codes, UPC codes, and best by dates.

If you have questions and/or concerns, you can contact

Proctor & Gamble: P&G Consumer Relations: 800-208-0172 (Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm Eastern). The media contact is Jason Taylor, at 513-622-1111

You can also contact them via website at iams.com or at eukanuba.com

If you have any of the listed foods, they advise that consumers should discontinue use, discard, and contact Proctor and Gamble through one of the means I've listed for you above.

9 comments:

  1. Is this in America only or other areas too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, actually. The main web site, and no subsequent articles I've read, mention countries specifically. I'd check any product I had, and then email them or call the number, though I think if any numbers match up, it's not limited to the US.

      Also, I could be wrong, but it seems to be for this lot code across the board (though I don't know where on the bag one finds it): 31944177

      Delete
  2. Yet another reason I love feeding homemade. Never have to worry about a recall.
    Nola's Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the pet food ones. Just the scary human ones :(

      Delete
    2. Agreed Nola. This is why I feed raw/homemade as well. I pick exactly what my dogs are eating.

      Delete
  3. Best to recall it just in case
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I don't feed these to Blueberry. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Even if it's "voluntary" and nobody's gotten sick, food recalls are scary.

      Delete