1. "Place" or "Go to your Bed" (the command I chose, because God forbid I stick with one word things, and "Bed" means go upstairs because we're going to bed.) "Go to your Bed" is understood to have an "And stay there" component, and is a good way to start out a visit, and even take breathers during a visit. From Elka's bed, she can see who is where, who has food, and who's coming through the door. Does she stay there without reiteration and leash help? No. But we're working on that.
2. Something to chew. Be it Dentastix or a bully stick (or cow ear), chewing can be focusing and occupying, and something that Elka will concentrate on exclusively for a little while. She doesn't tend to try to share one of these things with us, which is great, because with the application of dog saliva, they tend to smell like dead things.
3. A puzzle toy. Kong, Monster Mouth, or a Nina Ottoson-styled device. It's not a whole lot of food, it's some peanut butter (or cream cheese or tahini, whatever sticky thing you choose in the case of the Kong and Monster styles). These, Elka will sometimes give to you, perhaps with the understood notion of "Well, take the food out of there. Why does it have to be so hard?", and occasionally must be reminded that those toys are for "on the floor or on your bed", but again, it's a good ten minutes or so of Doberman focus. Longer, if I have the foresight to freeze one.
4. A tug toy. This is obviously not a solo activity, but Elka playing tug with me (and working on some obedience and self control things like Sit, Wait, Touch it, and Gentle) is better than her marauding the people on the couch. It's hard to roll dice (and count your successes) when you're dealing with Doberman impact.
5. Give her a place on the couch. If Elka has done all of these other things, and there's a spot on the furniture, Elka can, frequently, just settle down and go to sleep. Sometimes she lulls her seat mate into a false sense of security, and wiggle and lick attacks, but a lot of the time, she's just tuckered her self out and will go to sleep.